Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New apartment!

What’s happened since last time?
  • I’ve started my job, and I love it.
  • We’ve moved into our own apartment! 
      The job is as a receptionist at Carrick Education, and it’s similar to what I did back in Swedland. So far, the days have been passing rather fast, although it’s calming down a lot now that Christmas holidays have started.

The apartment is great, it’s a lot closer to work, and it’s pretty perfect for us. It’s a one bedroom apartment, with a balcony, large-ish living room, a roof terrace and AIR CONDITIONING! The last one I’m especially grateful for, since it’s super warm here now!

On Sunday (Lucia) we went to a pool nearby, and I did somersaults for the first time in my life! And I’m learning to stay under water for longer, without pinching my nose… All good practice for when we go camping on Moreton Island! Unfortunately I got Urinal Tract Infection (urinvägsinfektion), and spent Sunday night at the hospital… But I’m all better now, got some antibiotics and stayed home and slept yesterday.

Now I’ve just baked the years first gingerbread cookies (thanks mom for the “pomerans”!), they taste really good! I’m gonna bring some for work tomorrow, gotta show people some Swedish stuff.

Otherwise we’re just taking it easy, preparing for Christmas, unpacking the last stuff, and just enjoying our new home!

If I don’t update over the next couple of weeks: Merry Christmas! God Jul!

No comments: